(For a PDF version of this resume, click here.)
Interactive media and video production with emphasis in outstanding story telling, lighting, sequencing, color grading and advanced motion graphics.
Video producer/graphic designer, Newsy.com/Media Convergence Group
- Exclusive designer of motion-graphics intensive video projects to sell MCG video services to high-level clients including ING, Subaru, Nissan, Kohl’s, and the Hearst Corporation
- Full motion graphic redesign of Newsy’s multi-perspective national and international video news packages, included logo, green-screen backgrounds, 3D animation and custom alpha transitions in Motion/Final Cut Pro.
- Designed the look and functionality of Newsy’s award-winning, Top-10 Ipad app.
Master’s project at St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Built custom motion graphics to brand stltoday.com videos.
- Produced numerous video features and interactive projects.
Multimedia Editor, Columbia Missourian
- Helped reporters/editors envision and execute long-form/deadline multimedia.
- Coordinated and produced print/multimedia projects for columbiamissourian.com, including video features, audio slideshows and in-depth Flash projects.
Multimedia and sports reporter, Anchorage Daily News
- Wrote more than 500 breaking news, features, and enterprise stories, covering Gov. Sarah Palin, the 2005/2006 Great Alaska Shootouts, 2006 Winter Olympics, 2007 U.S. Alpine Championships and Iditarod 34-35.
- Pioneered online video journalism movement in 2006 and crafted first-ever news, feature and sports video reports for adn.com, including Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race (30,000 hits in two days), World-Eskimo Indian Olympics, Tesoro Iron Dog Snowmachine Race, and Alaskan events like the Slush Cup.
- Work featured by McClatchy newspaper board of directors as examples of the changing nature of company and the news media.
Sports anchor/reporter for ABC affiliate KIMO 13 Anchorage
- Anchored 5, 6 and 10 p.m. sportscasts, covering local and national sports
- Responsible for producing, writing, shooting, and editing, including sweeps, packages and live reporting for the three-hour pre-race show for Iditarod 33.
(May 2010) Master’s Degree in Long-Form Multimedia, University of Missouri-Columbia. Thesis project on the role of narrative structure in online video to emotional arousal. Classes included convergence reporting and editing, long-form multimedia, motion graphic design and advanced web design.
(2004) University of Alaska Anchorage Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Public Communications with Telecommunications and Film emphasis.
Extensive experience and Apple Pro Training
Final Cut Pro
All advanced features, including filters, keyframing, compositing and shortcut-driven editing
3-D: Animation, modeling, lights and cameras, replica tors, particle emitters and custom text effects
Correction and grading, including custom looks and recreating film/TV effects
Sound effect/music beds, dialogue replacement, noise removal/sweetening
Adobe Creative Suite
- Flash (action script)